Our 1st Explorers Ministry continues to grow at First Baptist Church and many have asked how to support this ministry. There are several ways to support this ministry.
1) With your prayers! Pray for our staff that care for children daily. Pray for the children and their families. Pray that our programs leadership continues to listen to God and hear where he is calling us.
2) With your time! Come volunteer in the program. You could read with a child, assist in a classroom or provide a special program! Contact Kelly Brown our Director about volunteer opportunities!
3) With supplies! We are always in need to crayons, paint, pencils and more! Check with Kelly Brown our Director to find out what specific needs are.
4) Our Amazon Wish List here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/LKIDY053QS5O/ref=bnav_topnav_lists_2
5) Financially. The money that funds our 1st Explorers Ministry is mostly through tuition and contributions.
a. While the tuition assists in the overall costs of the ministry we know that it takes more than that to support the good work our staff is doing as the minister to children and their families. You can donate directly to the 1st Explorers Ministry which in turn will assist the annual budget of $133,000 for the program.
b. You may donate to the Lou Bryson Memorial Fund which is overseen by our Children’s Advisory Board. This fund was created by Lou Bryson’s family to honor her love for children and our community. This fund is used to provide scholarships for families and provide supplies for the 1st Explorers Ministry.
c. Provide Scholarships for students in our programs:
i. Wee Explorers Pre-School tuition is $250 a month.
ii. After School for one child is $85 a month, $130 for two children, $195 for three children.
Summer Explorers Camp costs between $600 and $1,200 depending on family sizes.